Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

Monetization is now possible on GS' YouTube account??

You know, it's so weird. A couple of days ago (as stated in the previous post), our account is now in good standing in all areas of YouTube. Almost immediately afterwards, I get a message from YouTube telling me that it is possible for my channel to earn money on videos on our account. I was both surprised and skeptical. Our account has gotten over 4 million video views, 100,000 channel views and thousands of subscribers (probably hundreds of thousands of unique viewers).

The thing that surprised me is that it happened so soon after our YT account became in good standing. The skeptic in me knows that there is so much spam out there and there are scams all over the place. I thought it was fake, until I saw this:









The picture above is after you go through the process outlined in an email sent by YouTube. I decided to fill it out, though I haven't tried to monetize anything. Gaming Sanctuary probably won't use it on too many videos. However, it might not be so bad to use it on my MANY video tutorial videos that I want to make in the future. I don't think it's a good idea to monetize game samples...it's kind of a gray area, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment